Junior International Consultant in Agribusiness, Value Chain and Monitoring and Evaluation at FAO United Nations
Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
Junior International Consultant in Agribusiness, Value Chain, and Monitoring and Evaluation at FAO United Nations
- Organizational Unit: FEGEO – FAO Representation in Georgia
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: Consultant
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Georgia-Tbilisi
- Duration: 60 days WAE within 3 months (probation period) with option of extension up to 11 months
- Post Number: N/A
The position is located at the FAO Representation in Georgia under the European Neighbourhood Programme for Agriculture and Rural Development (ENPARD) IV programme. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by the FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The incumbent will work under the overall responsibility and supervision of the FAO Representative for Georgia, direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator and the technical guidance of the Senior International Consultant in Agribusiness & Value chain and in close collaboration with the other members of the project team, and the staff the in the FAO Representation, HQ and REU
Sustainable agribusiness, value chain and food systems development, with a focus on food safety, and monitoring and
Tasks and responsibilities
Provide technical support to the implementation of the ENPARD IV project:
• Assist the senior international consultant in leading the technical team for the successful implementation of the matching grant component under Outcome 2 of the program
• Under the supervision of the Senior international consultant, initiate and lead the evaluation of support programs from the Ministry of Environmental Protection and Agriculture (“MEPA”).
• Analyse data, technical and policy issues, strategies and programmes to support the project in terms of development, competitiveness, inclusiveness and improved impacts on food safety for agribusinesses, food systems and value chain development.
• Liaise with the extension team to ensure a proper coordination between the teams for the effective delivery of the support packages to FBOs and primary producers. Monitor the organisation of required technical training sessions for applicants
• Lead the monitoring and evaluation team to ensure adequate data collection and analysis throughout the implementation of the project, including the existing tools (Zoho) or other proposed tools for data collection and project monitoring, in the frame of the Logical framework of the project.
• Lead the reporting of the project towards donors
• Develop evaluation tools to understand the level of implementation of project indicators, or the extent of the impact of the project in final beneficiaries.
• Manage, handle and administer the project repository
• Any other ad hoc request
• University degree in agri-business, business administration, economics, agricultural economics, food industries, international development studies, or a related field
• At least 2 years of relevant experience (for category C) in agribusiness, food systems, and/or value chain development:
• Working knowledge (level C) of English and limited knowledge (level B) of French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, or Russian. For PSA, working knowledge of English.
DEADLINE: 14 September 2023
MORE OPPORTUNITIES: UNFPA Call for Interns (10 Positions)