Digital Content Creator Internship at UN Women
Assist in content creation: Contribute to the development of engaging and informative digital content, including social media posts, articles and website updates. Ensure content aligns with UN Women’s messaging and target audience.
Digital Content Creator Internship at UN Women
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women), grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, humanitarian action, human rights and peace and security. UN Women provides support to Member States’ efforts and priorities in meeting their gender equality goals and for building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
UN Women Office in Georgia has steadily grown from year to year starting from 2008 (UNIFEM at that time). UN Women established a full-fledged Country Office presence in Georgia in 2013. UN Women Georgia’s Strategic Note (2021-2025) and respectively the Biannual Work-Plan for 2022-20233, cover all impact areas of UNW’s Global Strategic Plan (2022-2025) governance and participation in public life, women’s economic empowerment (WEE), ending violence against women and girls (EVAWG), and women, peace and security (WPS). The overarching goal of UNW Georgia is to achieve sustainable empowerment of women and girls towards a gender equal society.
In order to meet the growing public relations and communications’ needs, UN Women Georgia Country Office intends to hire Digital Content creator Intern. She/He will work under the direct supervision of UN Women Georgia Communications Analyst with overall guidance from UN Women Country Representative and relevant programme and operations’ team.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist in content creation: Contribute to the development of engaging and informative digital content, including social media posts, articles and website updates. Ensure content aligns with UN Women’s messaging and target audience.
2. Support in the creation of multimedia assets for social media accounts: Assist in the development of visually appealing and impactful multimedia assets, such as videos, Instagram reels, infographics, photos and slideshows, to enhance the organization’s digital communications efforts.
3. Participate in campaign planning: Collaborate with the communications team to develop digital content strategies for awareness campaigns and events. Brainstorm creative ideas and contribute to campaign execution.
4. Prepare production plans: write drafts, obtain clearances, finalize texts, and edit and coordinate design approval, printing procedures and distribution.
1. Monitor social media platforms: Regularly monitor UN Women’s social media channels (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) for engagement, trends, and conversations related to gender equality and women’s empowerment. Identify opportunities for interaction and respond to comments, questions, and messages in a timely manner.
2. Analyze website performance: Utilize analytics tools to monitor website traffic, user behavior, and content performance. Generate reports and provide insights to improve website engagement and user experience.
1. Conduct content reviews: Review and proofread digital content materials to ensure accuracy, clarity, and adherence to UN Women’s tone and guidelines. Identify areas for improvement and suggest edits or revisions.
2. Evaluate campaign performance: Analyze the effectiveness of digital campaigns in terms of reach, engagement, and impact. Prepare reports summarizing key findings and recommendations for future campaign improvements.
1. Understanding of UN Women’s Mandate: Develop a comprehensive understanding of UN Women’s mission, goals, and priorities in advancing gender equality and women’s empowerment at the global level.
2. Digital Content Strategy: Learn about the planning and development of digital content strategies to effectively communicate UN Women’s mission and messages to diverse audiences. Gain knowledge of audience targeting, content ideation, and content optimization techniques.
3. Content Creation and Editing Skills: Enhance skills in creating impactful and engaging digital content across various platforms, including social media, blogs, newsletters, and website. Develop proficiency in content writing, editing, proofreading, and adherence to brand guidelines.
4. Social Media Management: Gain hands-on experience in managing UN Women’s social media platforms effectively. Learn how to create engaging content, schedule posts, monitor analytics, and engage with the audience to enhance UN Women’s visibility and increase engagement.
5. Multimedia Content Development: Acquire skills in developing visually appealing and impactful multimedia assets, such as videos, infographics, and slideshows. Learn to use graphic design tools and multimedia editing software to enhance the visual communication of UN Women’s digital content.
6. Analytics and Reporting: Gain proficiency in using web analytics tools to track and analyze website performance, audience engagement, and social media metrics. Learn to generate reports, interpret data, and provide insights to optimize digital content strategies.
7. Campaign Planning and Execution: Learn about the planning and execution of digital communication campaigns. Gain experience in campaign coordination, content ideation, scheduling, and monitoring to effectively support UN Women’s initiatives and events.
8. Gender Equality Advocacy: Deepen knowledge of gender equality issues, women’s empowerment, and human rights frameworks. Understand the importance of integrating a gender perspective in digital content creation and communication.
9. Collaboration and Communication: Develop strong interpersonal and communication skills by working collaboratively with diverse teams and stakeholders. Enhance abilities to actively listen, contribute innovative ideas, and provide constructive feedback.
10. Professional Development: Acquire practical workplace skills such as time management, adaptability, and prioritization. Enhance organizational and project management skills while maintaining professionalism and adhering to deadlines
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
1. Digital Content Development: The ability to create compelling and impactful digital content across various platforms, including social media, blogs, newsletters, and websites. Proficiency in developing multimedia assets such as videos, infographics, and slideshows to effectively communicate UN Women’s mission and messages.
2. Social Media Management: Knowledge and experience in managing social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. Understanding of social media trends, best practices, and tools to engage and grow the audience. Ability to create engaging content, schedule posts, and monitor analytics to optimize social media presence.
3. Content Writing and Editing: Excellent writing skills with a keen eye for detail and adherence to UN Women’s brand tone and guidelines. Capability to write clear, concise, and impactful content for various digital channels. Proficiency in proofreading, editing, and revising content for accuracy, grammar, and style.
4. Visual Communication: Proficiency in graphic design tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, to create visually appealing and impactful digital assets. Ability to integrate imagery and typography effectively to enhance the overall visual communication of UN Women’s content.
5. Analytics and Reporting: Understanding of web analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics) to track and analyze website traffic, user behavior, and content performance. Capability to generate reports, interpret data, and provide actionable insights to optimize digital content strategies and improve audience engagement.
6. Campaign Planning and Execution: Ability to contribute to the planning and execution of digital communication campaigns, including strategy development, content ideation, and campaign monitoring. Proficiency in coordinating with cross-functional teams, organizing timelines, and effectively managing campaign deliverables.
7. Research Skills: Strong research capabilities to gather relevant information and data related to gender equality, women’s empowerment, and human rights. Ability to synthesize complex information into concise, informative, and engaging content.
8. Collaboration and Communication: Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a multicultural environment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas and messages to diverse audiences. Capacity to actively listen, propose innovative ideas, and provide constructive feedback.
9. Adaptability and Time Management: Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, managing multiple tasks and deadlines effectively. Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and to learn and implement new technologies and trends in digital communications.
Required Skills and Experience
- University studies in one of the following disciplines: Multimedia and video production, Media studies and journalism, Public relations and communications or other relevant subjects is required.
- Meet one of the following:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation; or
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program which is part of a degree programme and undertake the internship as part of the program requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in Georgian and English are required;
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
Interns who are not in receipt of financial support from other sources such as universities or other institutions will receive a stipend from UN Women to partially subsidize their basic living costs for the duration of the internship.